"St Mark's Church, at the foot of Darlington Street, is a handsome building in the Early English style, with a lofty spire, built in 1848-9.[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]
The living is a vicarage, in the alternate patronage of the Crown and the Bishop of Lichfield, and incumbency of the Rev AB Gould, MA."
'The History of St Mark's Church, Wolverhampton'
by Bob Bannister
Published 1999, by Wulfrun 2000, Wolverhampton.
St Mark's church was built of stone, in the Early English style, from designs by Mr Orford of Birmingham, and consisted of a chancel, nave, aisles, north and south porches, and a western tower with spire, containing a clock and one bell.
A view of St Mark's Church (1).
A view of St Mark's Church (2).
Church of England Registers
The register of St Mark, Wolverhampton, commences in 1849.
The original registers for the period 1849-1955 (Bapts) & 1849-1975 (Mar) are deposited at Staffordshire Record Office.
Wolverhampton Archives holds microfilm of the deposited registers.
Wolverhampton Archives have placed on line indexes of the Wolverhampton St Mark registers covering Baptisms 1849-1875 & Marriages 1849-1875
Note : They are included in the "Wolverhampton & District Parish Registers" Index
Nonconformist Church Registers
Records of Nonconformist churches in Wolverhampton can be found on the Wolverhampton page.
[Last updated: 222nd April 2011, Mike Harbach. © 1999 - 2011]